Sunday, March 18, 2012

Graphics Tablets

best graphics tablet Videos








I'm often asked what I use to make digital art. This video answers that question, and also gives recommendations of what you might want to look for if you want one too. I currently use a Graphire 4 graphics tablet made by Wacom that has a 4"x5" drawing surface. Since those are getting harder to find though, you may be better off looking for a small (4"x6" drawing surface) Bamboo or Bamboo Fun model, which are both made by Wacom. These tend to sell for 0 CAN/US or less, and if you look around, you can regularly find one selling for around . They're VERY handy to draw with on the computer, and for that matter, are a nice change sometimes from using a mouse. Take a look at some of the other videos around YouTube, and you'll find people doing live demonstrations of how thee things work. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments, and I'll do my best to answer them.








Wacom Intuos4 Medium Pen Tablet www.amazon.com Tablets provide professional photographers, artists, animators and designers with more creative control over their work, and the Wacom Intuos4 is the best overall tablet on the market because of its excellent performance and reasonable price. The medium version provides 48.5-inches of workspace and includes eight ExpressKeys that can be customized to do almost anything. The illuminated LCD display shows the label of each button for quick and easy reference. Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet www.amazon.com The Bamboo Pen Tablet, also made by Wacom, is a much more affordable alternative to the Intous4, making it a great choice for designers on a budget or those that are just starting out. This tablet performs extremely well for the price. It's very intuitive to use and provides an accurate feel of pen on paper. While the pressure sensitivity can't match that of the Intous4, it's still very good (512 levels) and should be suitable for most. Logitech MX Revolution Cordless Laser Mouse www.amazon.com If you're a designer looking for a more traditional mouse, the Logitech MX Revolution is the best available option. It is extremely ergonomic and feels great in your hands, making it ideal for those that spend several hours per day in front of their computers. It's also packed with features designed to improve productivity such as a pair of customizable buttons under your thumb and a Quick Flip wheel lets you quickly switch between applications ...

17 comments:

  1. I did a head drawing of a draik ( It's a neopet ) and It took me 3 hours to do on paint with a mouse, and I even used the lines and circles from the paint program for the head and the ears. My hand was so cramped up after I done it too. It kept the shape of the mouse after I was done! LOL I just ordered the Digipro 8060 :D It's my first one, and i'm excited! The reviews I read were awesome. I hope it's a lot easier than a mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im getting one for christmas and its a BAMBOO one or something.were using this software to draw with called CORALtm,but after reading some one elses coments,im not sure if i should get a BAMBOO one for christmas.
    please reply!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you use a tablet are there some softwares you have to use with it or can you use it with paint

    ReplyDelete
  4. well hello there 240p

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, old youtube layout, good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you can move the arrow on the screen by hovering the pen over the tablet drawing surface?

    ReplyDelete
  7. would anyone know a good tablet that is like a cintiq where it has the feature that instead of looking at your computer screen your looking down on the tablet but cheaper?? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol.. i miss the old utube

    ReplyDelete
  9. ive been thinking about getting one from bamboo an im wondering some say yes an my friend who took graphics desing an he said his teachers said not to use them an i am just wondering should i use a mouse or should i get the tablet

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can use paint tool sai, Photoshop, art rage, gimp, etc.
    I say you should use paint tool sai because its the best (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. My tablet doesnt have a screen :P Its really hard to draw to start with, but you get used to it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gettin one for my birthday, its gonna make photoshop sooo much easier than a mouse haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not digital anyways, unless you meant at all, but if you can't afford a pencil then you have much larger issues to deal with before you start drawing stuff lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a g-pen F350 Genius tablet at fist I didnt like it but then after 3 days I fell inlove with it tablets are awsome

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well i download my copy of flash 8 illigley but you can buy flash 8 for 200 and sumthing

    ReplyDelete
  16. where do you think I can get a tablet (kind of store) ?
    i'm desperate, i love drawing and i'm 16 now, so if I don't move my ass and learn i'll fuck up my life.. i'm stressed out so much please help, thank you !!

    Miles .

    ReplyDelete
  17. its pronounced " WOH - COM " wacom... check the videos they make...

    ReplyDelete